The Application Process of Japanese Government Scholarship Students
- Applicants for the MEXT scholarship must be citizens of a country with which Japan has diplomatic relations. Applicants who are Japanese nationals at the time of application are not eligible.
The two ways to apply for the MEXT scholarship are as follows:General Admission” on our website. In order to receive a MEXT scholarship after enrolling in SOKENDAI, you must apply for scholarship extension and obtain approval from MEXT. The application for extension should be routed through your current university. For more details, please contact the section in charge of this procedure at your university. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Affairs Section at gakusei(at)ml.soken.ac.jp When contacting us, please provide the following information so that we will be able to efficiently serve your needs.
- Name, nationality, and age
- Current affiliation and status (e.g., master student at ABC University or researcher at XYZ Institute)
- Degree obtained or expected and its conferral date (e.g., Bachelor of Science, 2010）
- The department of SOKENDAI in which you would like to enroll
- The course in which you would like to enroll (e.g., three-year doctoral course or five-year doctoral course)
- Desired session of enrollment (e.g., session of April 2011)
- Financial plan for your study in SOKENDAI (e.g., scholarship support is necessary or self-financing)
- The name of your desired academic advisor, if you have already selected one
- SOKENDAI (The Graduate University for Advanced Studies)
- Student Affairs Section
- TEL: 81-46-858-1526/1527
- Email: gakusei(at)ml.soken.ac.jp