Application Process of Privately Financed Students
Those who wish to enroll in SOKENDAI with private financing or with scholarships from institutions or from governments other than that of Japan must pass one of two types of entrance examination: (1) general admission and (2) special admissions for applicants residing abroad. As a general rule, international applicants should select their prospective academic advisors in advance and then process their applications under their guidance. For the list of academic advisors, please visit the website of the relevant research institute, indicated on the following website: Schools & Departments
If you have any questions or need any assistance in contacting or finding a prospective academic advisor, please contact at the International Affairs Section.
When contacting us, please provide the following information so that we will be able to efficiently serve your needs.
- Name, nationality, and age
- Current affiliation and status (e.g., master student at ABC University or researcher at XYZ Institute)
- Degree obtained or expected and its conferral date (e.g., Bachelor of Science, 2010）
- The department of SOKENDAI in which you would like to enroll
- The course in which you would like to enroll (e.g., three-year doctoral course or five-year doctoral course)
- Desired session of enrollment (e.g., session of April 2011)
- Financial plan for your study in SOKENDAI (e.g., scholarship support is necessary or self-financing)
- The name of your desired academic advisor, if you have already selected one