[Call for participants] SOKENDAI Freshman Course (2018 First Semester)
Place：SOKENDAI, Hayama Campus
This is to inform you regarding the “SOKENDAI Freshman Course 2018” which is comprised of “Frontiers of Knowledge”, “Student Seminar”, “Researchers and Society” and “Communication skills for researchers”.
“Freshman Course” (2 credits) gives new students opportunities to develop fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for researchers.
Please make sure to take SOKENDAI Freshman Course, because it is a compulsory subject for students of three- and five-year Ph.D. courses.
*It is an optional subject for students of School of Cultural and Social Studies & School of High Energy Accelerator Science
*It is also an optional subject for students of newly enrolled three-year doctoral program of Department of Statistical Science
April 10 (Tue.) ～ April 13 (Fri.) , 2018
Hayama Campus, SOKENDAI (The Graduate University for Advanced Studies)
LOFOS SHONAN *3-minute walk from the Hayama Campus
The course will be offered in Japanese.
Freshman Course in October (October 9 to 12, 2018) will be offered in English.
Foreign students who have difficulty in Japanese might take this course in October.
5. Eligible Participants
*SOKENDAI New Students (entered for the 1st semester in FY2018)
*SOKENDAI Current Students, and Faculty Members
6. Application submission deadline & where to apply
*New Students :
Please submit together with admission documents during the admission procedure period
(March 5 – March 9) to the following section by post.
> Student Welfare Section, Academic and Student Affairs Division
*Current Students and Faculty Members :
Please submit the application form to the office of SOKENDAI Freshman Course via
e-mail by March 19, 2018.
7. Necessary documents for the application
■ Application for FY2018 SOKENDAI Freshman Course
■ Local Remittance Registration
(For those who have not registered account information)
■Application Form for Nursery Room (as needed)
8. Support for transportation expenses and chartered bus services
We will support transportation expenses and accommodation fee according to
the payment rules of SOKENDAI.
Also, chartered bus services are available on April 10 and April 13 between
Zushi ~ SOKENDAI Hayama Campus.
If you wish to use a chartered bus service on April 10, please leave a “check” on
the application form.
For details, please refer to the separate “Registration Guidelines for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (First Semester 2018)” and [ATTACHMENT 1] SOKENDAI Freshman Course(First Semester 2018).
- Registration Guidelines for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (First Semester 2018)
- [ATTACHMENT 1] SOKENDAI Freshman Course (First Semester 2018)
- [ATTACHMENT 2] How to apply for temporary Nursery Support
- [FORM 1-(1)] Application for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (For New Student)
- [FORM 1-(2)] Application for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (For Current Students & Faculty)
- [FORM 2] Local Remittance Registration Application
- [FORM 3-1, 3-2, 3-3] Application Form for Nursery Support
Posted On 2018.02.20 By
Shonan Village, Hayama, Kanagawa 240-0193 Japan