[Call for participants] SOKENDAI Freshman Course (2018 Second Semester)
Place：SOKENDAI, Hayama Campus
This is to inform you regarding the “SOKENDAI Freshman Course 2018” which is comprised of “Frontiers of Knowledge”, “Student Seminar”, “Researchers and Society” and “Communication skills for researchers”.
“Freshman Course” (2 credits) gives new students opportunities to develop fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for researchers.
Please make sure to take SOKENDAI Freshman Course, because it is a compulsory subject for students of three- and five-year Ph.D. courses.
*It is an optional subject for students of School of Cultural and Social Studies & School of High Energy Accelerator Science
*It is also an optional subject for students of newly enrolled three-year doctoral program of Department of Statistical Science
October 9 (Tue.) ～ October 12 (Fri.) , 2018
Hayama Campus, SOKENDAI (The Graduate University for Advanced Studies)
LOFOS SHONAN *3-minute walk from the Hayama Campus
The course will be offered in English.
Freshman Course in April (April 9 to 12, 2019) will be offered in Japanese.
Students who have difficulty in English might take this course in April.
5. Eligible Participants
*SOKENDAI New Students (entered for the 2nd semester in FY2018)
*SOKENDAI Current Students, and Faculty Members
6. Application submission deadline & where to apply
*New Students :
Please submit together with admission documents during the admission procedure period
(September 21 – September 27) to the following section by post.
> Student Affairs Section, Academic and Student Affairs Division
*Current Students and Faculty Members :
Please submit the application form to the office of SOKENDAI Freshman Course via
e-mail by September 27, 2018.
7. Necessary documents for the application
■ Application for FY2018 SOKENDAI Freshman Course
■ Local Remittance Registration
(For those who have not registered account information)
■Application Form for Nursery Room (as needed)
For details, please refer to the separate “Registration Guidelines for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (Second Semester 2018)” and [ATTACHMENT 1] SOKENDAI Freshman Course(Second Semester 2018).
- Registration Guidelines for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (Second Semester 2018)
- [ATTACHMENT_1]_SOKENDAI Freshman Course (Second Semester 2018)
- [ATTACHMENT_2]_How to apply for temporary Nursery Support
- [FORM_1-(1)]_Application for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (For New Student)
- [FORM_1-(2)]_Application for SOKENDAI Freshman Course (For Current Student & Faculty)
- [FORM_2]_Local Remittance Registration Application
- [FORM_3-1, 3-2, 3-3]_Application Form for Nursery Support
Posted On 2018.08.17 By
Shonan Village, Hayama, Kanagawa 240-0193 Japan