Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research | Education & Campus Life | The Graduate University for Advanced Studies

Education & Campus Life

Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research

Health Care

Mental Health Services

SOKENDAI provides consultations to support the well-being of students. Students who would like to have consultation on their mental health concerns, such as anxiety, depression, academic harassment, or communicational problems please feel free to contact the below offices.

Regarding mental health counselling

<Face to face consultation>
You can use a counselling counter which is open about once monthly. Please contact the department office.

<Consultation for international students>
 Counseling services in English are available for international students. For more details, please contact Student Welfare Section at kousei (at), or the department office.

Regarding educational problems including academic or sexual harassment

<Consultation by e-mail>
Please contact the below e-mail.

This is a consultation counter regarding academic problems. Executive Director will deal with the problems. This counter is open year-round.

Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research

(Gakusei Kyouiku Kenkyu Saigai Shougai Hoken 学生教育研究災害傷害保険 = Gakkensai 学研災)
This insurance covers unexpected physical injuries and/or damages occurring while attending lectures, university events, extra-curriculer activities, and research activities (on and off-campus activities). An additional premium covers unexpected trouble that occurres during travel between university facilities or between university facilities and the place of residence.
Application for this insurance, for a period of 3 or 5 years, will be made at the time of registration.

Additional premium

Commuting to school and transit between school facilities (Tsuugakucyunado Shougai Kiken Tanpo Tokuyaku通学中等傷害危険担保特約 = Tsuugaku Tokuyaku通学特約): covers medical fees for the treatment of injuries occurring on your way to the university facilities/events from home, or the other way around.

Additional plan

Compensation Insurance Plan (Gakkensai Futai Baishou Sekinin Hoken 学研災付帯賠償責任保険): covers compensation when a student causes damage to others or their belongings both during school events/related activities, and commuting between university facilities or between the university and the place of residence.
This insurance is available ONLY to those who are a member of the Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research described above.

Insurance fees and periods

Classification 1st year 2nd year 3rd year 4th year 5th year
Art/humanities majors ¥650 ¥1,200 ¥1,800 —- —-
Science/engineering and physical education majors ¥900 ¥1,600 ¥2,350 ¥3,000 ¥3,600
Special insurance plan + ¥300 + ¥500 + ¥700 + ¥900 +¥1,100
Compensation Insurance Plan + ¥400 + ¥800 +¥1,200 +¥1,600 +¥2,000

The period of insurance coverage extends from the day after joining to March 31 of the academic graduation year.
If coverage expires and the student has a further year of study, the student is eligible to join for an additional year.
Additional options with the insurance are available now.
Please contact at Student Welfare Section.


Student Welfare Section

  • TEL: 046-858-1525/1526
  • E-mail: kousei(at)


Facebook pageYoutube channel
Facebook pageYoutube channel