Managing Your Academic Identity with ORCID
What is ORCID?
ORCID（ http://orcid.org ）provides researchers with a unique identifier (an ORCID iD) plus a mechanism for linking their research outputs and activities to their ORCID iD. ORCID is integrated into many systems used by publishers, funders, institutions, and other research-related systems.
Request to register
SOKENDAI is encouraging all students to register for ORCID. Please watch the below video "ORCID for SOKENDAI Students" and ORCID official video " Why ORCID? " for more information.
Your ORCID iD:
- distinguishes you and ensures your research outputs and activities are correctly attributed to you
- reliably and easily connects you with your contributions and affiliations
- reduces form-filling (enter data once, re-use it often)
- improves recognition and discoverability for you and your research outputs
- is interoperable (works with many institutions, funders, and publishers)
- is persistent (enduring)
It is also a requirement of many journal manuscript submission systems and grant application forms.
ORCID at SOKENDAI
When you connect your ORCID iD to SOKENDAI, we will add your enrollment status at SOKENDAI and degree information upon completion in your ORCID record. SOKENDAI has been an ORCID member since October 2017. The source of this information will be listed as SOKENDAI, which makes that information on your ORCID record more trustworthy.
- Educational information authorized by SOKENDAI, such as affiliation, degree/title, academic period etc., will be registered in each ORCID record.
Also, SOKENDAI will collect data from the ORCID repository for institutional research and alumni networking.
* Once connected, SOKENDAI will be added as a Trusted Organization in your ORCID account settings. Please do not revoke this setting during your enrollment nor after your graduation in order to keep the connection with SOKENDAI active during your enrollment.
How to connect your ORCID iD to SOKENDAI
Approximately one month and a half after your enrollment in SOKENDAI, an email requesting you to "Please verify your ORCID account and grant us permission" will be sent to all new students to the email address they registered with us from "SOKENDAI (The Graduate University for Advanced Studies) <do_not_reply(at)atlas.jp>". Please register for ORCID and connect your ORCID iD to SOKENDAI according to the instruction of the email. (If you already have an ORCID iD, new registration is not required.) Please contact us if you have not received the email or you want to receive it again.
[For those who graduated or withdrew from SOKENDAI] How to connect your ORCID iD to SOKENDAI
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you want to newly register for ORCID and/or connect your ORCID iD to SOKENDAI.
General Planning Division
- Tel: 046-858-1590 Fax: 046-858-1648
- E-mail: orcid(at)ml.soken.ac.jp