The Application Process of Japanese Government(MEXT) Scholarship Students
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students who wish to study in graduate courses at Japanese universities as research students (either non-degree or degree students).
SOKENDAI accepts MEXT scholarship students as graduate-level Research Students. There are three ways to apply for this type of scholarship. For more details, please refer to the following webpages.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Affairs Section. When contacting us, please provide the following information so that we will be able to efficiently serve your needs.
- Name, nationality, and age
- Current affiliation and status (e.g., master student at ABC University or researcher at XYZ Institute)
- Degree obtained or expected and its conferral date (e.g., Bachelor of Science, 2010）
- The department of SOKENDAI in which you would like to enroll
- The course in which you would like to enroll (e.g., three-year doctoral course or five-year doctoral course)
- Desired session of enrollment (e.g., session of April 2011)
- Financial plan for your study in SOKENDAI (e.g., scholarship support is necessary or self-financing)
- The name of your desired academic supervisor, if you have already selected one
For MEXT student who is currently studying at another university and planning to enroll in SOKENDAI
If you are a MEXT student who is currently studying at another university and planning to enroll in SOKENDAI, you are required to pass SOKENDAI's general admission entrance examination. For more details, please refer to "General Admission" on our website. In order to receive a MEXT scholarship after enrolling in SOKENDAI, you must apply for scholarship extension and obtain approval from MEXT. The application for extension should be routed through your current university. For more details, please contact the section in charge of this procedure at your university.
- SOKENDAI (The Graduate University for Advanced Studies)
- Student Affairs Section
- Email: gakusei(at)ml.soken.ac.jp