In collaboration with Urban Renaissance (UR) Agency, SOKENDAI offers the corporate housing lease system of UR Apartment for International Students.
1. No need to find a guarantor
- Unlike most of the private apartments in Japan, UR Agency does not require a guarantor in lease contract, which saves you the trouble of looking for one.
2. No deposit, key money, or agent commission fees
- By making a lease contract in the name of SOKENDAI, you do not have to pay deposit(敷金), key money(礼金) or agent commission fees(仲介手数料), which keeps the initial cost very low. Furthermore, there are no renewal fees regardless of the rental period.
3. Variety of room types, special rent plan and relatively low rent
- UR Agency has a wide range of room types from ones for a single resident to ones for families which are offered at relatively low rent. They also offer a special rent plan called "UR Light", where you can get a discount of monthly rent on the condition that the rental term is 3 years only, non-renewable.
4. SOKENDAI helps for the contract procedure
- Since the lease contract is made between two corporations, UR Agency and SOKENDAI, SOKENDAI takes care of the documentary procedures such as signing and ending the contract on behalf of you.
UR Agency requests residents to move in the apartment within 3 weeks after the date of the room preview (Step 3). The contract procedure in SOKENDAI needs at least two weeks to complete the contract (Step 5) after receiving the application documents from you (Step 4). Therefore, make sure to submit the application documents to SOKENDAI within less than one week after the date of the room preview.